Sabbath Rest for the Land
Week 7: Sunday 20th October
Theme: Sabbath Rest for the Land
- Read what aid agencies are saying about climate change (Tearfund, Christian Aid)
- Read ‘Factfulness: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About The World – And Why Things Are Better Than You Think’ by Hans Rosling, Ola Rosling, Anna Rosling Rönnlund
- Read ‘Just Living’ by Ruth Valerio
- Make a habit to pray for the world regularly, privately or in your missional community
- Use the prayers listed below
- Ask God to show you areas where you can bring hope in a grieving world
- If you’ve not used up your allowance this year, book some holidays!
- Imagine what you would do with a short career break
- Use a carbon footprint calculator to find out more about the impact of your lifestyle
- Make one change in your behaviour in October. Tell someone in church or your MC what you’ve done.