For those who would like to, we are preparing to begin gathering in the church building again from Sunday 13th September at 11am and a brand new gathering time of 8pm.
Both our 11am and 8pm In-Person Gatherings will be an hour-long, socially-distanced informal gathering with live hosting and prayer, during which we’ll join with Adelaide Place Online for teaching, worship, and church news.
Adelaide Place In Person is going to be a hybrid version of Adelaide Place Online, with some elements on video, and others in person and live. And we think it’s going to be great.
We can’t wait to see you!
What will it look like for those who meet in the building?
- Our capacity is going to be limited due to government restrictions, and so we can create a safe and socially distanced experience. To ensure you get a seat, we’re going to require you to reserve one online before you come to an in person gathering. You can reserve seats for your family and friends,for every member of your household/support bubble including your children and youth. We just ask that you only book on for people that you know will come. (Don’t worry! You can still invite friends, they’ll just need to book on themselves).
- We’ll also be reserving a number of seats in each service for those who might walk into church for the first time.
- You will be able to reserve your seat(s) online. If you cannot access the website, please call 07305 480498.
- Doors open 15 minutes before the service begins – you may need to join a (socially distanced) queue outside our Pitt Street entrance.
- We’ll take your temperature before you go in, and check you in using Planning Centre.
- If, for any reason, you are not going to be able to attend, but you’ve already reserved your seat, we would love to make it available to someone else. Please cancel through your confirmation email, or send us a message
- You’ll need to wear a face mask while inside the building – we’ll have some spares if you forget! along with hand-sanitiser and sterile wipes.
- All surfaces will be sanitised between services, and toilets will be limited (baby change and accessible toilet available). Of course if you’re ill, please don’t come to an in-person gathering. Instead, we ask that you let us know so we can confidentially track if there has been any risk of transmission.
- After each gathering, the chairs used will be stored away for 72 hours before being used for anything else. We will put new chairs out for each gathering.
When you arrive, our Welcome Team will check you in, and show you to your seat without you needing to touch any surfaces. All interactions and content will either be on a screen or available on your mobile device, including the Offering and Hello Cards.
Seating will be arranged in accordance with the latest physical distancing guidelines.
Households and family units will be able to sit together, each household will 2m apart from other households, and it is important that we respect this.
For now, there won’t be kids ministry in the building – something we hope to be able to reintroduce very soon! Families are of course really welcome to register and come together for the Sunday gathering. Children over 12 have to remain physically distant from all other people.
We will not be able to sing. Some of the time, we will join with Adelaide Place Online, and other times the band will play, and the worship leader will sing but we will ‘sing and make music in our hearts’.
While this may seem strange to many of us, worship is not just about singing – Romans 12 – ‘offer your bodies as living sacrifices’ it’s a chance to experience God’s love, to reflect, to meditate on him.
We will stand together, and you are welcome to raise your hands, kneel or express your praise and thanks to God how you feel comfortable – within the area of your seat!
Giving is an important part of our worship. The best way to give is to visit apbc.net/give where it’s easy and secure to give regularly or as a one off gift.
There will also be reminders of ways you can give online on the screen before, during and after the gathering, as well as at the info zone in the Auditorium.
We’re going to be making lots of space to receive the Holy Spirit together, to encounter God. We won’t be calling people forward for prayer or laying hands on people like we usually do. Instead, you’ll be the ministry team! You’ll get to pray for yourself.
There will be a one-way system in place in our building on Sundays:
- Enter through the Pitt Street doors – exit through the Bath Street door.
- If it is difficult for you to navigate the steps to the Pitt Street doors, you will be able to enter via the Bath Street door.
Attend with your Missional Community
Missional Communities are encouraged to attend the same service, so speak to your MC leaders and find out which gathering they’re coming along to.
- If you have been diagnosed with or experienced symptoms of COVID-19 you must not come to an Adelaide Place in-person gathering.
- Likewise, if you have been in close contact with someone diagnosed or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 please stay at home.
- In addition, if you have returned from a country not on the government exempt list in the past 14 days or been in close contact with someone who has returned from international travel in the last 14 days please stay at home.
Test & Protect