Training Hub 2019-2020
What is it?
Training Hub is a supported environment for learning and dreaming, gaining skills and stepping out. Led by the Baptist Union of Scotland, I t’s a team, a family, of like-minded people, breathing courage into one another. There will be plenty of:
Information – Teaching on a broad range of biblical, cultural, theological, leadership and personal faith subjects that are both relevant to your situation now and preparing the way for all that God might lead you on to.
Imitation – Opportunities to shadow others in a local church context (APBC), receive personal input and ‘on-the-job’ training.
Innovation – Encouragement to put knowledge and faith into practice; from simple daily rhythms to life altering decisions.
Who is it for?
“And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.” (2 Timothy 2:2)
God’s kingdom grows when ordinary men and women are equipped and emboldened to live out their faith wherever God has placed them. Training Hub is designed to equip disciples to live missional lives, and is open to anyone who wants to grow in knowledge and faith, to play their part in building the Kingdom of God.
How does it work?
Participation in a variety of learning environments including:
- Three weekend conferences with teaching, worship and small group discussion
- Monthly local gatherings with input from a range of experienced trainers
- Accountability groups
- Personal involvement in regular rhythms of prayer and fasting, Bible engagement and missional living
- Assignments and an agreed upon booklist
- A commitment to serve in one Missional Community & one team at APBC as part of your learning
- Regular coaching through APBC
What does it cover?
- Knowing God and discovering our identity in Christ. Learning to lead ourselves well so that we would be able to influence others.
- Relationship: learning from Jesus’s example to prioritise time with Father God, with the community of believers and with those who don’t yet know him
- Playing your part: equipping the church, releasing and training the apostles, prophets, evangelists, shepherds and teachers to serve as God calls them
- God’s kingdom purposes: encouraging kingdom growth in the spheres of education, business, arts and entertainment, government, media, family and religion
When is it?
- September 2019 – June 2020
What will you need?
- £900 course fees (Adelaide Place will cover 50% of these course fees)
- Commitment to attend all weekends and one evening per month
- A desire to learn, be stretched and make an impact for God’s kingdom
What is the application process?
- Complete this application form and send it to ten.c1563852990bpa@b1563852990uhgni1563852990niart1563852990
- Interviews are likely to take place week beginning 22nd July 2019
- If you would like to arrange an informal conversation – or have any further questions – about Training Hub, please email ten.c1563852990bpa@d1563852990ivad1563852990
Application Deadline: Wednesday 10th July 2019